Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Training Wrap Up

     I really enjoyed this training program. First of all, being an extremely introverted person, I liked the set up and process of everything and the ability to work on this, for the most part, alone. Which allowed me to absorb all of this information and process it the way that I need to. Not to say that I didn't interact with anyone throughout the entire program because I frequently had conversations with co-workers and people outside of work on several of the topics.
   
      Second, I learned a lot. I discovered why Goodreads is so amazing, the different types of sub-genres, how people feel about young adult novels (and adults reading them), and how to do RA for nonfiction, etc. Goodreads is a great resource for finding what to read next and its also a great way to connect with other book lovers. Also, I knew that there were sub-genre's, of course, but I had no idea that there were so many different types! The young adult/ new adult subject has been a topic of discussion between my sister and I for a long time, so I thought it was interesting to read more about it and even to discuss it with others.

      Lastly, all of the new resources and ideas for RA are really helpful and I am glad that I got to learn about them this way. I think that they are important for librarians and for others who are extensive readers. So, not only are these sites extremely helpful in RA and personally, but I can also pass them on to others to use. I'm still not a huge fan of book trailers, but they could be a helpful tool in RA.




No comments:

Post a Comment